Issued: October 2019
Candidate Privacy Notice for Applications within the EEA
When you apply for a vacancy, Eyeota processes personal data in regards to processing your application for recruitment, and does so in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable national laws, as further described in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to any personal data provided to Eyeota as related to your application and potential employment by Eyeota as referred to below. It applies to personal data that Eyeota, like any employer, needs to run our recruitment process and manage our relationship with you, at all stages of this. Your personal data will be processed to enable a range of purposes including general recruitment activities and the completion of our recruitment process including processing your application, candidate assessment, interviews, pre-employment screening, and your worker permissions.
Processing of personal data is necessary for the reasons set out in this Privacy Notice, unless we have specifically asked for your consent. If you wish to object to the processing of personal data relating to you, or require us to delete it, this could lead to us being unable to comply with the application process or other legal obligations. If so, we will tell you about the potential effects of our not having the proper data in those circumstances.
You have a number of rights related to the processing of your personal data as part of the recruitment process. Please note information Eyeota has received from others or created internally may not be covered by your rights.
- To ask for access to your personal data;
- To ask for errors in your personal data to be corrected;
- To ask for your personal data to be erased (the "right to be forgotten");
- To ask for us to restrict processing your personal data (e.g. if it is required to be kept for legal reasons)
- To object to the processing of your personal data for specific purposes;
- To ask for a copy of your personal data to take (or have us provide) to another data controller
Consent is not usually required for the processing of personal data as it relates to a job application, however, where we do rely on any consent that you have given, you are always allowed to withdraw your consent at any time (though the processing that took place before withdrawal will still be legal).
If for any reason, it is not possible for your rights to be exercised in full or at all, for example if related to applicable employment laws, we will provide full information on why any actions have or have not been taken. If you have any questions relating to the processing of your data, you may contact Eyeota using the information at the top of this policy.
Please note: Eyeota also processes personal data in connection with its online advertising business, however that activity is not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you have questions regarding how Eyeota processes data for that purpose, or want to manage your choices in relation to that type of data, please consult Eyeota's specific Privacy Notice for that area.
Essential Privacy Information about Your Application
Eyeota PTE Limited
12A Upper Circular Road
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Number: 201223893Z
CEO: Kristina Prokop
Human Resources Team: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer
Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer Große Bleichen
21, 20354 Hamburg
The Personal Data we may process as part of the recruitment process:
Personal Data may include:
- Telephone numbers (including mobile phone number),
- Work experience and qualifications
- Household, tax and social security information
- Contact and emergency contact details;
- Personal Data needed for any equal opportunities monitoring policies;
- Data regarding past, desired and possible compensation: basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving license, National Insurance numbers);
- Details of or any change in your personal circumstances which affects, or may affect, your tax status.
- Criminal convictions data: Eyeota does not currently process such data and would do so only where this is expressly permitted or required by law and in accordance with all applicable restrictions
Documents containing Personal Data may include:
- Your CV, application letter or application forms
- Records relating to your employment history, such as training, appraisals, other performance measures and, where appropriate, disciplinary and grievance records;
- Correspondence with or about you, for example offer letters;
The Special Category Personal Data we may receive and process as part of the recruitment process:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Data relating to your health or medical conditions
- This data will only be processed for certain narrowly defined purposes.
How Eyeota collects Personal Data as part of the recruitment process:
From data subjects applying for a role at Eyeota. Such data can be collected as follows:
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or applying via an existing employee at Eyeota.
- By applying for an open role using the job application form on https://www.eyeota.com/careers
- By applying for an open role following the job application on LinkedIn.
- By applying for an open role using a recruitment agency
The purposes for which Eyeota processes Personal Data as part of the recruitment process:
- In order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior in consideration of entering into an employment contract
- To comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations – to consider how your health affects your ability to do your job and whether any adjustments to your tasks or the workplace might be appropriate:
- To comply with laws or carrying out employment-related rights and obligations;
Much of the Personal Data we hold will have been provided by you, or will be something that you have made publicly available. In some cases data may come from other external sources, such as referees or doctors.
Sharing and transfer:
We may share or transfer data with:
- GreenHouse.io for the sole purpose of processing candidate applications and facilitating our recruitment process (see http://www.greenhouse.io/privacy-policy)
- An external Human Resources consultant to manage personal data in connection with our recruitment processes, who may be located within the EU or elsewhere.
- Other Company offices for purposes connected with your recruitment application or the management of Eyeota's business. At the date of this Privacy Notice, Eyeota has offices and staff in London (UK), Berlin (Germany), Sydney (Australia) New York (USA) and Singapore
- We may transfer data from the country of origin to the US or other countries. We do so under a valid legal framework, such as model contract clauses and privacy shield.
Security and Data Retention:
We maintain reasonable security methods to protect data on the Platform.
Your Personal Data will be stored only for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was obtained. For job applicants and candidates: we will not store your data for more than six months (unless you ask or authorize us to keep it for longer).